Making of Lamp Shade-I
1. Hollow bamboo 10-12 cm diametre, preferably semi dried.
1. General workshop tools.
1. Cut a hollow bamboo piece of 10-12 cm diametre and 8 cm hieght with node in centre for lamp base.
2. Drill hole round the top edge of the bamboo base to fix the ribs in 2 cm distance in between.
3. Make the bamboo split of 1.5 cm x 3 mm and of 60 cm length to make ribs.
4. Bend the splits as shown in the Fig. 02.
5. Make 3 rings as shown in Fig. 03.
6. Attach ribs to the base using super glue.
7. Attach rings on ribs as shown in the Fig. 03.
8. Sand the surfaces of the components by using sand paper.
9. Finish with melamine coating on the surface of the lamp shade by using brush or spray.
10. Fix tracing paper on the ribs as shown in Fig. 04 with any surface decoration on it.