Making of Fruit Basket
1. Hollow bamboo 8-10 cm diametre, preferably semi dried.
2. Wood piece / ply wood for making fruit basket base.
1. General workshop tools.
1. Make the wooden/ply wood base as shown in the Fig. 03.
2. Drill holes on the top surface of the base with a distance of 2.5 cm gap in between as shown in the Fig. 03.
3. Make bamboo thin splits (1 cm x 3 mm) about 30 cm long to make the ribs.
4. Bend the splits as shown in the Fig. 03 to make ribs.
5. Attach ribs to the drilled wooden/ply wood base.
6. Put rectangle frame on top of the basket and another 5 cm below to it. (use super glue to stick initially and then use araldite)
7. Sand the surfaces of the components by using sand paper.
8. Finish with melamine coating on the surface of the basket by using brush or spray.