Making of Bamboo Tong
1. Hollow bamboo 3-4 inch diameter, preferably semi dried.
1. General workshop tools as shown in the introduction.
1. Cut the bamboo to 60 cm length
(there should not be any node in the middle).
2. Split the bamboo to 25 mm width and clean the inside surface.
3. Reduce the thickness upto 6-7 mm.
4. Bend the bamboo split as shown the Fig. 03.
5. Cool the bend portion of the split by dipping in water as shown in Fig. 04.
6. Clean the bamboo surface by using knife.
7. Sand the tong by using sand paper for final finish.
(It does not require any surface coating)