Kerala State Bamboo Mission (KSBM) was constituted under Department of Industries & Commerce and functioning at Kerala Bureau of Industrial Promotion with the broad aim of marshaling the scattered resources of the State and adopting a focused approach to revitalize the bamboo sector by promoting value addition, enhancing income generation and alleviating poverty through the following interventions
· Creation of new design for innovative products in Bamboo sector
· Assess gaps in skill of artisans on location basis
· Prepare training module based on the need-assessment
· Quality enhancement and Product improvement on existing products through Engineering inputs
· Promotion of bamboo-based entrepreneurship by providing necessary support services
· Provide necessary support to create market demands
· Act as a support service provider to bridge the critical gaps in the sector
· Promotion of bamboo propagation
· Maintaining an information System about Bamboo.
Such an intervention-based approach is expected to create income generation opportunities at various levels, especially among women, and improving the living standards of the artisans/craftsmen thereby contributing to the overall growth of the sector.